Quantcast

National Premier Soccer team, Joplin Demize, announces schedule - KOAM TV 7

National Premier Soccer team, Joplin Demize, announces schedule

Updated:
NEWS RELEASE FROM THE CITY OF JOPLIN
In late January, Joplin became home to the new minor league 4th division soccer team, Joplin Demize, and starting in May, soccer fans can enjoy a full season of games at the Joplin Athletic Complex. Tickets for the games can be purchased in advance through the Joplin Sports Authority or at the gate. Ticket prices are $6 for adults, $4 with a student or military ID, and children under the age of 6 are free. Joplin Demize will also offer an option to buy tickets online, and details will be announced as they are finalized.

The schedule is as follows (home games are in bold):

May 9 vs. FC Bordo Saint Louis (exhibition game) - Away

May 10 vs. TBD - 7:30PM (exhibition game)

May 16 vs. Oklahoma City FC - 7:30PM (kickoff inaugural game/season home opener)

May 24 vs. Dallas Fort Worth - 7:30PM

May 25 vs. Liverpool Warriors (Dallas) - Away

May 31 vs. Oklahoma City FC - Away

June 6 vs. Tulsa Athletics - Away

June 10 vs. Tulsa Athletics - 7:00PM

June 13 vs. BSC United Clash  from College Station TX - 7:30pm
June 20 vs. Liverpool Warriors (Dallas) - 7:30PM

June 29 vs. FC Bordo Saint Louis (exhibition game)

July 5 vs. Dallas City FC - Away

July 7 vs. Corinthians FC of San Antonio

July 12 South Central Conference Championships

Demize includes local talent with players from Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas and Illinois. This new team allows players from local colleges an opportunity to showcase their talents. Demize coaches and management will continue to bring in top international talent to round out the roster.

Chris Hanlon is the Director of Soccer Operations in addition to serving on the coaching staff with Armen Tonianse, Luis Percovich, and Johnny Adame.  Hanlon has extensive experience, having played as goalkeeper at the University of Pittsburgh, the United Soccer League, and Major Indoor Soccer League.  He also has experience off the field having served in a variety of roles including time as a general manager, head coach, operations director, and director of coaching.  Tonianse a former player and Assistant coach at Western Illinois University, won a conference championship as both a player and coach at WIU.  Percovich a graduate of William Woods and has played with both the STL Lions and the Springfield Demize in the USL.  Tonianse is a U.S. Soccer Federation “C” licensed coach.  Adame is the current men's Soccer Assistant at Neosho County Community College and is a graduate of Joplin High School and Missouri Southern State University.

Recent renovations to the Joplin Athletic Complex facilities, including new bleachers for spectators, are being completed for the Demize home field. Facility improvements will continue into the spring ensuring that the facility is ready for the first home game on May 10.

Joplin Demize is in the South Central Conference of the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL), which qualifies the team for the U.S. Open Cup. To get more information about the team, go to  www.demizesoccer.com or email Info@joplindemize.net

# # #
  • Local NewsMore>>

Young California Woman's Service Dog Goes Missing in Joplin

Thursday, February 22 2018 8:00 PM EST2018-02-23 01:00:25 GMT

"He knows when I'm going to have a seizure. So he comes up to me and he'll lick me on the face. That's kind of how I know, and I can feel it in my head, I see stars" 19-year-old Abigail Schick-Johnson was diagnosed with Epilepsy after she graduated high school, her beloved service dog Tank can tell when she's about to have a seizure and lets her know. "He's my best friend he follows me everywhere. He goes upstairs with me and he goes downstairs with me....

More >>

More >>

Joplin Small Business Owner Frustrated With City Business Permit Rules

Thursday, February 22 2018 7:04 PM EST2018-02-23 00:04:25 GMT

"Where's the champion of small business like Joplin has always said they were?"

More >>

"Where's the champion of small business like Joplin has always said they were?"

More >>

PSU Hosts 700 HS Students for Science Day

Thursday, February 22 2018 6:50 PM EST2018-02-22 23:50:56 GMT

There's a push throughout all of education to get more students involved in science and math based careers.   Thursday, seven hundred students converged on the campus of Pittsburg State University for science day.

More >>

More >>
Powered by Frankly

KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@koamtv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments to: comments@koamtv.com
Phone: (417) 624-0233 or (620) 231-0400
Web comments or questions: webmaster@koamtv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158

Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOAM. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.