"KOAM MORNING CREW THANKSGIVING DESSERTS"
Alexis' Wife-Me-Up Pumpkin Bars
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 can (16oz) pumpkin
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
Beat together eggs, sugar, and oil. Add the remaining ingredients. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees in a greased and floured pan. Use any pan larger than 9 x 13. Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting.
Tawnya's Hubby's German Chocolate Pumpkin Layer Cake
German Chocolate Cake Mix (1 pkg) (or your favorite family recipe!)
1 1/4 cup Milk
1/2 cup veg. Oil
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
16 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
15 oz Pure Pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl until well blended. Bake in two round (well oiled) cake pans for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for at least 30 minutes.
Mix all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until smooth. Refrigerate for one hour to set up/thicken.
Generously spread frosting over the top of bottom layer until level. Place second layer on top and repeat. Gently smooth frosting over top and sides of layered cake.
Ashley's Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
· 12 servings
· 12 cups good crusty bread, torn into cubes
· 9 eggs
· Whole milk - 6-8 cups
· 1 Tb vanilla
· 1 ½ cups brown sugar
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· Caramel sauce:
· Caramel Sauce
· Makes about 4 cups
· 2 sticks butter
· 2 cups brown sugar
· 2 cups heavy cream
· Place bread in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
· Crack eggs into bread.
· Add sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
· Add enough milk to come to the top of the bread.
· Squish well and thoroughly with your hands.
· Pat down and bake at 350 for 1 hour or longer, until pudding is brown and puffy in the middle. If pudding looks brown but is not puffed, tent with aluminum foil until done.
· Remove from oven and let cool a bit before serving with caramel sauce and whipped cream.
· Melt butter in a saucepan. Add brown sugar and cream and whisk over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat once sugar dissolves. Caramel sauce can be refrigerated, but will separate. Stir to mix before using.
KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas