Quantcast

Structure Fire in Joplin - KOAM TV 7

Structure Fire in Joplin

Updated:

The Joplin Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 3234 S Missouri Place on Thursday, 19 January, at 4:46 PM. The first crew arrived at 4:49 PM and found a single story wood frame duplex with smoke and fire showing. Fire crews were informed that there were people in both units. Crews made access into the second unit and removed the sleeping resident.  There was no fire in the second unit. Fire crews made a quick attack on the first unit and were able to confine the fire to the kitchen. No one was in the first unit at the time of the fire. The fire was declared under control at 4:58 PM and crews remained on scene until 6:41 PM.

The structure was occupied by Michael Smith. Mr. Smith said he was heating oil on the stove, received an emergency call and had to leave and forgot to shut off the burner.

There were no injuries to civilians or firefighting crews.

The fire department responded with 6 apparatus and 17 personnel and was assisted by the Joplin Police Department and METS Ambulance Service.

The fire was caused by burning grease in a pan left on the stove.                       

For more information, contact the Joplin Fire Department at 623-0403 or 624-0820 ext. 1300.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Overnight Fire In Seneca Destroys Old Motel

    Overnight Fire In Seneca Destroys Old Motel

    Thursday, May 24 2018 1:06 PM EDT2018-05-24 17:06:55 GMT

    The Seneca Area Fire Protection District was called out to a fire early this morning (May 24, 2018).  They arrived and found the old vacant Motel at Copeland's Corner fully engulfed in flames.  Fire crews said the structures to the west of it were being threatened.  The Seneca Fire Department, Redings Mill, Neosho and Wyandotte Fire Departments all responded to help put out the fire.  The Newton County Ambulance and Newton County Sheriff were also on scene. ...

    More >>

    The Seneca Area Fire Protection District was called out to a fire early this morning (May 24, 2018).  They arrived and found the old vacant Motel at Copeland's Corner fully engulfed in flames.  Fire crews said the structures to the west of it were being threatened.  The Seneca Fire Department, Redings Mill, Neosho and Wyandotte Fire Departments all responded to help put out the fire.  The Newton County Ambulance and Newton County Sheriff were also on scene. ...

    More >>
  • KOAM MORNING NEWS TO KNOW 5-24

    KOAM MORNING NEWS TO KNOW 5-24

    Thursday, May 24 2018 10:42 AM EDT2018-05-24 14:42:44 GMT
    NEW JOPLIN COUNCIL MEMBER The Joplin City Council elects its newest member last night after the resignation of Joshua Bard.  The council members selected Anthony Monteleone as the newest member.  Monteleone says he hopes to raise pay scales across the board, but especially for the police and fire department. K-9 DONATION Fur Ever Friends of K-9 Heroes on Wednesday presented a check for $1,000 to the Newton County Sheriff's office.  The money will go directly to...More >>
    NEW JOPLIN COUNCIL MEMBER The Joplin City Council elects its newest member last night after the resignation of Joshua Bard.  The council members selected Anthony Monteleone as the newest member.  Monteleone says he hopes to raise pay scales across the board, but especially for the police and fire department. K-9 DONATION Fur Ever Friends of K-9 Heroes on Wednesday presented a check for $1,000 to the Newton County Sheriff's office.  The money will go directly to...More >>
  • Thursday T-Storms ahead this morning and afternoon

    Thursday T-Storms ahead this morning and afternoon

    Thursday, May 24 2018 7:35 AM EDT2018-05-24 11:35:09 GMT

    More Gulf moisture makes its way from the southeast meaning a day of scattered thunderstorms starting mid-morning. Still manage to make it into the mid 80s temperature wise so it will be warm & muggy.

    More >>

    More Gulf moisture makes its way from the southeast meaning a day of scattered thunderstorms starting mid-morning. Still manage to make it into the mid 80s temperature wise so it will be warm & muggy.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly

KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@koamtv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments to: comments@koamtv.com
Phone: (417) 624-0233 or (620) 231-0400
Web comments or questions: webmaster@koamtv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158

Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOAM. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.