- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup margarine, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy flour blend
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 6 squares (1 oz. each) semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In small saucepan over medium heat, bring water, margarine, sugar and salt to a boil.
- Add soy flour blend all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop mixture by rounded tablespoons 3-inches apart onto greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking pan to cooling rack.
- Immediately split puffs open to cool.
- Heat sugar and soy milk in small saucepan just to boiling and sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour into large mixing bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Add 2 cups whipped topping and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Fill each cream puff with about ¼ cup sliced strawberries; top with chocolate filling.
- Replace tops of cream puffs and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve immediately.
Makes about 12 servings.