- 2 cups edamame, shelled and cooked according to package directions
- ¼ cup soybean vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Puree edamame in food processor
- Add vegetable oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt and continue mixing; scraping sides; until mixture is almost smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers or raw vegetables.
Yield 2 ½ cups
Per 2 tablespoon serving: 60 calories, 5 g fat (0 g sat fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 2 g protein (2 g soy protein), 1 g dietary fiber.
From the 2008 Soyfoods Guide