Recipe from Albert Milburn of Brandon, Miss.
Prep Time: 6 min
Total Time: 15 min, depending how many you prepare.
2 lbs. of fresh hambuger (makes about 6 large burgers)
1 tsp lemon pepper (for each burger)
1 tblsp garlic salt
1 small jar hamburger dill slices.
1. Flatten enough hamburger to make 12 large medium sized patties. (makes 6 burgers)
2. Place dill slices on one patty, top with second patty and pinch around edge to seal.
3. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic salt to taste.
4. Grill until fluid runs clear.
5. Place on steamed bun, top with condiments of your choice. Best with lettuce, tomato, mayo, a slice of onion and a slice of cheese (not american cheese) of your choice.
Yield: 6 Servings
Comments: Burgers also good with just onion and mustard.
KOAM’s Tawnya Bach helps New Orleans native Tracy Smith put the finishing touches on her grandmother’s Crawfish Stew. If you missed the recipe or Part 1 click here. Tracy’s family traditionally serves their Crawfish Stew over rice and with peas and sweet cornbread. SWEET CORNBREAD Ingredients: 1 pkg jiffy cornbread mix ¾ cup sugar ½ tsp vanilla 1 egg 1/3 cup milk Directions: Mix all ingredients. Let rest for five minutes....More >>
The KOAM Morning News is Celebrating Mardi Gras…. and “Fat Tuesday” in style with New Orleans transplant, Tracy Smith, and her family’s recipe for Crawfish Stew! Tracy says this recipe also works great after you make a traditional boil – using up all your leftover shrimp, crawfish and sausage. TRACY’S GRANDMA’S CRAWFISH STEW Ingredients: 1 med yellow onion, diced 1 green bell pepper, diced 1 cup fresh parsley 1 garlic clove, minced...More >>
From criminals to American patriots -- KOAM’S Tawnya Bach and Michael Hayslip preview three new movies hitting 4-state Movie Theaters this weekend. Tawnya also lays out her Box Office Top 5 Predictions: Tawnya’s Predictions 12 Strong Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle Den of Thieves The Post(very close to Den of Thieves!) Proud Mary(w/ Greatest Showman very close at 6)More >>