Recipe from Albert Milburn of Brandon, Miss.
Prep Time: 6 min
Total Time: 15 min, depending how many you prepare.
2 lbs. of fresh hambuger (makes about 6 large burgers)
1 tsp lemon pepper (for each burger)
1 tblsp garlic salt
1 small jar hamburger dill slices.
1. Flatten enough hamburger to make 12 large medium sized patties. (makes 6 burgers)
2. Place dill slices on one patty, top with second patty and pinch around edge to seal.
3. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic salt to taste.
4. Grill until fluid runs clear.
5. Place on steamed bun, top with condiments of your choice. Best with lettuce, tomato, mayo, a slice of onion and a slice of cheese (not american cheese) of your choice.
Yield: 6 Servings
Comments: Burgers also good with just onion and mustard.
FRENCH VANILLA DONUTS Michael Favor, Madison, Kansas YOUTH CHAMPION and SOY AWARD Sponsored by Kansas Soybean Commission INGREDIENTS ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 1 cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs 1½ cups King Arthur® Unbleached All-Purpose Flour 1½ cups King Arthur® White Whole Wheat Flour 4½ teaspoons baking powder ½ teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon instant cappuccino powder, French vanilla 1 cup soymilk ¼ tea...More >>
1 head romain lettuce, torn 1 medium tomato, diced 1/2 pound taco meat Shredded cheese Doritos Chopped onion 1 can black or kidney beans Dressing: Stir together and pour over salad 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 Tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon vinegar 1/2 package taco seasoning 1/4 tsp garlic powderMore >>
1 cup margarine 1 cup granulated sugar ½ brown sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups soy flour blend 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 cup dried cherries 1 cup vanilla yogurt baking chips Combine in large bowl margarine and sugars and cream until well blended. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla. Sift together soy flour blend and baking powder; add gradually to creamed mixture. Stir in dried cherries and yogurt chips. Spread mixture into greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan....More >>