- 3 cups fresh peaches
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½ cups soy flour blend
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup margarine
- 2/3 cup plain or vanilla soymilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup chopped soynuts
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In medium bowl, mix peaches, raspberries, and ¾ cup sugar. Let stand 1 hour so fruit will become juicy.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F. In medium bowl, mix flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter, using pastry blender. Using wooden spoon, stir in 2/3 cup milk and egg just until blended. (Dough will be stiff).
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 8 spoonfuls about 2 inches apart. Brush with 1 tablespoon milk; sprinkle soynuts over tops of each. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; cool 10 minutes.
- Cut shortcakes in half. Spoon about ¼ cup ice cream onto bottom of each shortcake. Top each with ½ cup of the fruit mixture; add tops of shortcakes.