Recipe from Flemings Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar in Madison, Wis.
Prep Time and Total Time: 55-65 minutes
4 Butternut squash
1 lb salted butter at room temp
1 lb unsalted butter
3 cups water
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup maple syrup
2 T plus 1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp finely ground black pepper
2 T coarsely ground black pepper
1. Wash the butternut squash and cut 1/4" off both ends, removing the stem and bottom of squash. Cut in half from stem to bottom. Using a spoon, scrape seeds out of interior.
2. Rub with room temp butter and sprinkle with kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper.
3. Place in a roasting pan with water and roast the squash for 45 min at 375 F until tender.
3. While squash is roasting, place unsalted butter in mixing bowl with paddle attachment. Whip for 5 min on medium speed.
4. Scrape the bowl, and add pecans, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Stop and scrape the bowl every two minutes. Be sure to mix well.
5. When squash is done, remove from oven and place on a plate. Rub maple pecan butter on top, and serve.
Yields: 12-16 servings
KOAM’s Tawnya Bach helps New Orleans native Tracy Smith put the finishing touches on her grandmother’s Crawfish Stew. If you missed the recipe or Part 1 click here. Tracy’s family traditionally serves their Crawfish Stew over rice and with peas and sweet cornbread. SWEET CORNBREAD Ingredients: 1 pkg jiffy cornbread mix ¾ cup sugar ½ tsp vanilla 1 egg 1/3 cup milk Directions: Mix all ingredients. Let rest for five minutes....More >>
The KOAM Morning News is Celebrating Mardi Gras…. and “Fat Tuesday” in style with New Orleans transplant, Tracy Smith, and her family’s recipe for Crawfish Stew! Tracy says this recipe also works great after you make a traditional boil – using up all your leftover shrimp, crawfish and sausage. TRACY’S GRANDMA’S CRAWFISH STEW Ingredients: 1 med yellow onion, diced 1 green bell pepper, diced 1 cup fresh parsley 1 garlic clove, minced...More >>
From criminals to American patriots -- KOAM’S Tawnya Bach and Michael Hayslip preview three new movies hitting 4-state Movie Theaters this weekend. Tawnya also lays out her Box Office Top 5 Predictions: Tawnya’s Predictions 12 Strong Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle Den of Thieves The Post(very close to Den of Thieves!) Proud Mary(w/ Greatest Showman very close at 6)More >>
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.