Recipe from Flemings Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar in Madison, Wis.
Prep Time and Total Time: 55-65 minutes
4 Butternut squash
1 lb salted butter at room temp
1 lb unsalted butter
3 cups water
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup maple syrup
2 T plus 1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp finely ground black pepper
2 T coarsely ground black pepper
1. Wash the butternut squash and cut 1/4" off both ends, removing the stem and bottom of squash. Cut in half from stem to bottom. Using a spoon, scrape seeds out of interior.
2. Rub with room temp butter and sprinkle with kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper.
3. Place in a roasting pan with water and roast the squash for 45 min at 375 F until tender.
3. While squash is roasting, place unsalted butter in mixing bowl with paddle attachment. Whip for 5 min on medium speed.
4. Scrape the bowl, and add pecans, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Stop and scrape the bowl every two minutes. Be sure to mix well.
5. When squash is done, remove from oven and place on a plate. Rub maple pecan butter on top, and serve.
Yields: 12-16 servings
FRENCH VANILLA DONUTS Michael Favor, Madison, Kansas YOUTH CHAMPION and SOY AWARD Sponsored by Kansas Soybean Commission INGREDIENTS ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 1 cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs 1½ cups King Arthur® Unbleached All-Purpose Flour 1½ cups King Arthur® White Whole Wheat Flour 4½ teaspoons baking powder ½ teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon instant cappuccino powder, French vanilla 1 cup soymilk ¼ tea...More >>
1 head romain lettuce, torn 1 medium tomato, diced 1/2 pound taco meat Shredded cheese Doritos Chopped onion 1 can black or kidney beans Dressing: Stir together and pour over salad 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 Tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon vinegar 1/2 package taco seasoning 1/4 tsp garlic powderMore >>
1 cup margarine 1 cup granulated sugar ½ brown sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups soy flour blend 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 cup dried cherries 1 cup vanilla yogurt baking chips Combine in large bowl margarine and sugars and cream until well blended. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla. Sift together soy flour blend and baking powder; add gradually to creamed mixture. Stir in dried cherries and yogurt chips. Spread mixture into greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan....More >>
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.