- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (8 oz) bottle clam juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 (10 oz) cans whole clams with juice
- ¾ cup plain soy milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup plain soy milk
- ¼ cup soy flour blend
- Sauté bacon in 4½ -quart soup pot; until nearly crisp.
- Add onion and celery; cook until onions are translucent.
- Add clam juice, water and potatoes; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add clams, soy milk and heavy cream; heat until mixture is thoroughly heated but do not boil.
- Blend ¼ cup soy milk with ¼ cup soy flour blend until smooth; add to hot mixture and cook 3 to 4 minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
- Garnish with additional crumbled bacon or chopped parsley.